This Code of Conduct, along with our Terms of Service, describe your obligations as a participant in RenewaFi’s marketplace.
The marketplace is intended to help sophisticated renewable energy originators source physically-settled offtake agreements. As a participant, you may post, browse, and counter indicative bids and offers – all anonymously. And if you agree on terms with another participant, you may “match” with that participant to trade your contact information and begin bilateral negotiations.
By using the marketplace, or by entering into an agreement that references this code, you agree to fully abide by the code’s terms. We may modify this code at anytime. By continuing to use or access the marketplace after we have posted revisions to this code, you agree to abide by the latest version.
As a marketplace participant, whether a buyer, seller, or otherwise, you must:
- ensure that any bids or offers you post to the marketplace, while indicative and anonymous, are genuine indications of your and your organization’s transaction preferences at the time in which you post them;
- negotiate in good faith with a bona fide intent to enter into a physically-settled offtake agreement with any participant with whom you match;
- match with counterparties only when you intend to transact on the agreed terms and price;
- treat other participants in a respectful and courteous manner;
- maintain the confidentiality of any participants with whom you match and the terms of such match;
- pay all charges or fees payable by you to RenewaFi in connection with your use of the marketplace.
In addition, you must NOT:
- submit bids or offers to enter into, or otherwise communicate on the marketplace about, any agreement that is to be settled financially or virtually. Only physically-settled transactions can and should be sourced on RenewaFi;
- reveal your identity in any way to any counterparty prior to agreeing to match with said counterparty, including while using the chat function. Examples of identifying information that you should not share include, but are not limited to, names, contact information, personal information, interconnection numbers, busbar/POI or other similar locational details;
- attempt to avoid payment of charges or fees payable by you with respect to the marketplace, including by trying to circumvent or unfairly reduce any fees that may be payable to RenewaFi as a result of any agreement sourced on the marketplace;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to or disrupt any of RenewaFi’s services, data, accounts, systems or networks by any means;
- copy, mirror, reverse engineer, distribute, disclose, or sell any part of the marketplace in any medium or to any third-party;
- share any data or information that you obtain or download from RenewaFi to any third-party outside your organization;
- use the marketplace in any way that RenewaFi finds to be objectionable, in its reasonable discretion.
If you violate or attempt to violate this code, we may suspend or terminate your access to the marketplace.